Welcome to our crazy life....

When I grew up I had the wonderful benefit of living a bike ride away from both sets of grandparents. Not so lucky are our kids. Even for the actual ones that live in Atlanta, it's still a about an hours drive away! So, this blog will have to serve as the next best thing to riding our bikes to see the grandparents. Enjoy watching our kids learn and grow one day at a time...

Wednesday, October 1, 2008

PDATL '08

This is what happened this past weekend, Project Dance Atlanta. Here's my dinning room table with piles of papers for the event, thank you notes and candy!



Friday's events were held at the Westin Downtown. Here's the band setting up for Friday Night Live, all the tables for Registration and Expo.















Ava, Cheryl's daughter, helping stuff goodie bags and my amazing Refuge Dance company getting things done with smiles on their faces. They all were such amazing help this weekend. This wouldn't have happened without their dedication and service.

Unfortunately, no one took pictures of anything on Saturday, we were too busy! But we have two professional photographers taking care of that for us, so I will post those when they are ready.




Sunday I got my Contemporary Class on! I had like some 30 plus dancers take my class, we were packed out! Above I am teaching part of Gravity, my piece about weakness. In the picture to the side, my Bff Angella came down for the whole weekend and we got to take the last class together, Stephen's modern class. Randy gave us both new shirts from Ad Deum so we wore them and danced side by side like old times!!!! Below me leading my class in one of our favorite stretches, man I hurt even thinking about it.... Monday I woke up SO SORE.




What an amazing weekend it was, we had a wonderful time on Friday, my mom help out with the kids so much. They had a blast at the hotel swimming and playing. Saturday we had an audience the entire day and despite some technical problems we danced no-stop from 12 noon to 6pm! Sunday everyone had wonderful storied to tell about meeting people in the park, and sharing Christ to what God has done in their hearts through this weekend. We danced till we couldn't dance no more!!!! Glorious!

1 comment:

mhandwerker said...

I enjoyed Project Dance but I wanted to give your two sisters a plug for helping me with your crew. I was thankful when they showed up late Friday....evened things up.