Welcome to our crazy life....

When I grew up I had the wonderful benefit of living a bike ride away from both sets of grandparents. Not so lucky are our kids. Even for the actual ones that live in Atlanta, it's still a about an hours drive away! So, this blog will have to serve as the next best thing to riding our bikes to see the grandparents. Enjoy watching our kids learn and grow one day at a time...

Thursday, July 1, 2010

New month, new design

Thought is was time for a little change.

As you know We've already started our school year and it has proven to be a challenge. With my new email program, Outlook, I have an amazing calendar and task manager. I've outlined my entire day/week/month. I've listed when I'm teaching which child and what cleaning I'm doing around the house.

however,

Today was a different story

allow me to explain

Schedules fell to the way side the moment we woke, which was 5am thanks to Joshua.

David left for work

Madie joined us at 6:45

by 7am the whole house is up and eating

by 8am I've put two banana bread loaves in the oven only to discover I forgot to double the bananas because there are 3 extra bananas on the counter still. Did you know you can take batter out of the pan, remix and it will still come out alright?

by 8:30 I've received a phone call revealing there is another HUGE outdoor arts festival the same weekend as Project Dance Atlanta and it's only a few blocks away.

by 9am I have figure out no one knows about this new festival and put figuring out what to do about it on my to do list (which is wayyyy too long)

by 11am I have made 2 batches of chicken nuggets, 2 quesadilla kits, those darn banana loaves and cleaned the kitchen

by 12:30 I've fed the kids after going to the store for a few items that were left off the grocery list.

then I talk on the phone for an 1 and a 1/2 about Refuge. (I have no idea what the kids were doing during that time, all I know is they are still alive) at one point I am asked if my schedule will free up once the kids go back to school....all I can do is laugh!

back to cooking and by 5 pm I've made 2 batches of granola bars, 2 lasagna, 2 bags of spaghetti sauce, 24 spice muffins and dinners is heading towards the table.

after dinner my amazing husband cleans the kitchen for me

errands and oh, I also did 6 loads of laundry and packed the kids and myself at some point during all this...and I say all of this to say

tomorrow, we leave for Memphis to visit family for an actual VACATION away from all of this.

1 comment:

missy said...

love the new design....can't wait to see all of you