Welcome to our crazy life....

When I grew up I had the wonderful benefit of living a bike ride away from both sets of grandparents. Not so lucky are our kids. Even for the actual ones that live in Atlanta, it's still a about an hours drive away! So, this blog will have to serve as the next best thing to riding our bikes to see the grandparents. Enjoy watching our kids learn and grow one day at a time...

Wednesday, June 17, 2009

What was your first cd?

David and I were talking last night and some how we got on the subject of cds... Oh, I remember, I told him I was riding home on Monday and heard my favorite Debbi Gibson song on the radio. Her album was one of my first tapes. Then We both remembered our very first cd.

Mine was given to me by my Mimi after I had just bought, with my own money, my very first boombox with a cd player. She gave me her Barbra Streisand Greatest Moments cd. I bet my mom can still remember me playing it over and over again. It was all I had for a while! David was a Collective Soul cd.

Two weeks ago our downtown Acworth had a sidewalk/yard sale. So for the first time the whole family walked down main street together and looked at all the stuff. At one store they had a box of old tapes, Elizabeth asked what those were! Amazing isn't it, the next generation doesn't even know a time without cds, cellphones, texting....I remember when we used to say "Page me!"

Do you remember your first cd?

1 comment:

mimi said...

Katherine, I am so glad you remember these things..I sure don't..old age=bad memory..I'm sure you remember we had 45's and 78's..vinyl records..we thought THEY were great..Elizabeth would really be fasinated with those..love to all