Welcome to our crazy life....

When I grew up I had the wonderful benefit of living a bike ride away from both sets of grandparents. Not so lucky are our kids. Even for the actual ones that live in Atlanta, it's still a about an hours drive away! So, this blog will have to serve as the next best thing to riding our bikes to see the grandparents. Enjoy watching our kids learn and grow one day at a time...

Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Helping mommy...

So yesterday I snapped a cute picture of Madie "helping" me make dinner. I thought I would just make sure everyone got the full picture of what that "really" meant....

1. She got the mixer, strainer (which went on her head) and salad spinner out and drug them into the living room to "cook".

2. She got into one of the kitchen drawers and got all my cone filters out. When I asked her to give them back she ran, not walked, but ran away from me and into her bed room in effort to get away from me and keep all 100 filters to herself.

3. She then got into the kitchen hutch and got all the red solo cups. She conveniently hid those in her room until those were discovered by Caleb who's idea of "helping" me is to run into to tell me what Madie is doing wrong....maybe he has a future as a reporter?

4. Once the table was set and some of the food on the table waiting, I returned to find Madie ONTOP of the table trying to eat the cheese out of the bowl.

5. I returned again to find Madie trying to get the cheese.

6. And again I returned to find her getting the cheese, this time after Caleb reported her actions to me.

And this all happened within 20 minutes of me preparing tacos for dinner.

After this episode, I currently have "baby gate" listed on my dry erase board as something to try and find at the thrift store. Gating my "little helper" in the play room while cooking dinner sounds like the best way for her to help me!

3 comments:

mhandwerker said...

I miss those days...and my little helpers

mawmaw said...

We have to have a baby gate to keep Sammy dog in the kitchen.

Anonymous said...

I love reading about Madie. She's so funny :)