Welcome to our crazy life....

When I grew up I had the wonderful benefit of living a bike ride away from both sets of grandparents. Not so lucky are our kids. Even for the actual ones that live in Atlanta, it's still a about an hours drive away! So, this blog will have to serve as the next best thing to riding our bikes to see the grandparents. Enjoy watching our kids learn and grow one day at a time...

Monday, October 26, 2009

Outlook for the week

So, Joshua has a stuffy nose. No fever, no cough, just a really bad stuffy nose. He's not sleeping either because he can't breathe laying down. The swing, the pouch or our arms are about the only places he will sleep. Please pray he gets over this quickly. Luckily so far he can still breathe well enough to nurse.

I started potty training Madie this week. She was trying to take off her diapers. So it is time. I'm armed with 10 pairs of panties, a candy dish full of M&Ms and the pee pee clock- every 15 minutes! Today she did well, only had a few accidents but man is she a pill to reason with. I have never had to argue and negotiate with any of my other kids like I am having to do with Madie. "3 candies?" "No, only 2" and her newest phrases are "I don't want to" and " ok enough mommy" wow, she's a pistol! I've put the living room rug up and she just runs around in a shirt and her panties and boy do we get excited when she actually pees in the potty! The whole family gets in on the praise, and Caleb tries to get a few candies out of the deal too!

We also picked up 3 pumpkins, we are set to carve those Friday. The kids are ninjas again this year and I think Madie will wear Caleb's old spider man suit. The kids want to cut out a red letter S and stick it on Joshua and put a bib on backwards and make him super baby! We'll see....

I'm just keeping myself busy with kids and housework since Refuge is off till January. Though 6 of us have a performance next weekend. I am thankful for a little time off from having to run rehearsals every Saturday and actual hang out at home instead. Already thinking about some home improvement projects we could tackle!!

Well, that's the outlook from the Gant household for now.
Sent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerry

No comments: