Welcome to our crazy life....

When I grew up I had the wonderful benefit of living a bike ride away from both sets of grandparents. Not so lucky are our kids. Even for the actual ones that live in Atlanta, it's still a about an hours drive away! So, this blog will have to serve as the next best thing to riding our bikes to see the grandparents. Enjoy watching our kids learn and grow one day at a time...

Friday, October 9, 2009

A Family of 6


So this picture was quite an ordeal to take. We were at a wedding for one of our dancers so pretty much all of our company dancers were there. Which was a huge help because trying to keep up with 4 kids in a small historic house with a zillion other people around proved to be quite an undertaking. After 2 hours of doing this is was time to say goodbye but I had to snap a picture of our now family of 6. First though Eric, our friend, had to go retrieve Elizabeth from somewhere within the house while we tried to keep Madie from running into the street. Then I gave Jen the camera, Rebekah my purse, and Eric tried to get Madie to look at the Camera and smile. Oh yeah, What's that Rebekah? The burp rag over my shoulder? yeah, probably don't want that in the picture. everyone body say cheese.....no, look over here Madie, Caleb stand still....yeah we were a riot! But the result is worth it in my opinion and it sure does make me thankful for all my friends. Without them I'm sure we would have lost one of our kids that day!

5 comments:

Katharine said...

So do any of the kids look like your husband? because from what I can tell they all seem like different versions of you. . .well the baby is too young for me to really see anything.

Anonymous said...

gorgeous!! And I think Madie looks a lot like David :)

The Ivy's said...

they are all beautiful! but if Madie gets her looks from anyone-it's from her Aunt Sarah! :)

Katherine said...

Yeah, I would agree Madie looks a lot like David. She's the only one so far that has a square face instead of my long oval one. Nice try Sarah, your going to have to have your own kids to claim that one, quit banking off of my hard labor! Hee hee.

GMaw said...

All my great grand children are individuals and they look like themselve. They are precious and I love the photo. I have it on my desk top. I see it every day.

Love,
GMaw, GG