Welcome to our crazy life....

When I grew up I had the wonderful benefit of living a bike ride away from both sets of grandparents. Not so lucky are our kids. Even for the actual ones that live in Atlanta, it's still a about an hours drive away! So, this blog will have to serve as the next best thing to riding our bikes to see the grandparents. Enjoy watching our kids learn and grow one day at a time...

Friday, January 23, 2009

For your imformation

Just a list of things to update you on the happens in the Gant household....

1. I broke the coffee pot again. Guess it isn't "dishwasher" safe.

2. Madeleine's new word is "u uh" she doesn't say no no, she just says this over, and over again. With such feeling a force, it's quite scary! We are working on getting her to say "u huh" or yes, but haven't gotten very far.

3. Caleb is reading, short vowel A and E words. Here's a sample: "Ken pet the wet cat", or "The cat sat at the mat." (I hope to get video of this soon and post) We've made up a line too- "t, h, e, that spells the" to help with that tough little sight word

4. Next weekend we are off from dancing, excited about that.

5. We saw snow for about an hour on Monday. The kids played in it though it didn't stick.

6. My new office area is working well, making me much more productive then before so this is good.

7. Caleb and Madie are in love with taking baths. I think they have taken one every day this week. All it takes is me singing the "splish splash I was taking a bath" song and Madie is heading towards the tub.

8. Elizabeth wrote a whole report on Georgia, and is learning all the states and capitals.

9. Elizabeth has already conquered memorizing the Gettysburg Address.

10. Both David and I are super glad it is Friday!

2 comments:

The Ivy's said...

haha, good. atleast someone over there is learning her states and capitals! trick question, what's the capital of chattanooga..considering it's a state?

Katherine said...

who taught you school? !!!