Welcome to our crazy life....

When I grew up I had the wonderful benefit of living a bike ride away from both sets of grandparents. Not so lucky are our kids. Even for the actual ones that live in Atlanta, it's still a about an hours drive away! So, this blog will have to serve as the next best thing to riding our bikes to see the grandparents. Enjoy watching our kids learn and grow one day at a time...

Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Day Off


So I thought I would update those who read this silly blog of ours about the craziness that is brewing in our household.....Today being Wednesday is my official only day off until October 4th! I will be either teaching ballet, rehearsing or performing everyday (yes even Sundays) until then. With Dance Canvas this weekend, Project Dance the next weekend and then OM's 50th anniversary performance October 3rd thing are going to be wild!

That being said I was really looking forward to this day off, but it got kinda overwhelmed in the middle. For some reason I always seems to have an overly zealous To Do list in mind then is actually possible. So by 3pm both mommy and Madie needed a nap.....

After recharging with a meal of meatloaf and mash potatoes and watching the kids play football with Daddy, things got a lot better. We got out of the house and enjoyed the Fall like weather at our cool park with the new playground. Then we visited Target for some toy aisle play time (the kids love to just go aisle by aisle looking and trying out all the toys, they always ask for some crazy, outlandish toy but are good kids and accept our answers of no every time) Then we drove the long way home and decided to stop by Acworth Lake and check it out since it was abnormally low. The kids found sea shells, Madie was amazed at the ducks, we took a walk through some woods and marveled at the huge trees and then drove the rest of the way home with the windows open listening to the crickets.

the only down side to this whole night out was Mom forgot to switch to tennis shoes and endured all this in FlipFlops.....my feet got a real workout!

Nights like this with my family make my heart soar......

Here's some pictures of our backyard game of football...enjoy! (I forgot the camera on our outing, sorry!)

Madie loves the grass, tried to eat it every time!
Caleb is still trying to learn how to "catch" the football.
Too bad girls can't play pro football, Elizabeth has a great spiral.

1 comment:

mhandwerker said...

Thanks for the update...It looks like you had a busy "day off." I cant wait to see everyone. By this time next week I will be there!!! Horray