Welcome to our crazy life....

When I grew up I had the wonderful benefit of living a bike ride away from both sets of grandparents. Not so lucky are our kids. Even for the actual ones that live in Atlanta, it's still a about an hours drive away! So, this blog will have to serve as the next best thing to riding our bikes to see the grandparents. Enjoy watching our kids learn and grow one day at a time...

Tuesday, September 9, 2008

clean


A few days ago I finally got to clean off the top of my dresser, I was so excited I decided to take a picture! Doesn't it just make you want to sigh? Nice and clean. Before it was covered with papers, random toys, books and clean clothes....clothes, that's a housewife's never ending battle. I have two days set aside every week just devoted to washing, drying, folding and hopefully putting away our clothes. Though sometimes the end up on top of things like the dresser, the bed or hopefully not for too long, the floor. Every week I wash the same items, and somehow I don't go insane doing it. I actually like the whole ordeal. Something about being able to complete it gives me a sense of peace I think. There are a great number of things in my life right now that are huge on going tasks that I never quite seem to finish before something else gets added. So on Mondays and Thursdays (sometimes Fridays instead) I get the satisfaction of completing, for the who-know-what-time our laundry. It just makes me feel good.

2 comments:

mhandwerker said...

{{ Applause}} and a standing ovation!!!! for all that you do!!!!

Katherine said...

giggling, I love you mommy!