Welcome to our crazy life....

When I grew up I had the wonderful benefit of living a bike ride away from both sets of grandparents. Not so lucky are our kids. Even for the actual ones that live in Atlanta, it's still a about an hours drive away! So, this blog will have to serve as the next best thing to riding our bikes to see the grandparents. Enjoy watching our kids learn and grow one day at a time...

Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Elizabeth's Birthday Celebration

So Elizabeth is now 11, crazy I know, and we had a wonderful day celebrating with her Sunday. She opened all her presents before church. Then after church we took her to O'Charley's, love the rolls, that was her idea. Then we surprised the whole family by taking them to the Fernbank museum of Natural History. We got a year membership. We also saw an IMAX film there called "Forces of Nature" All about Tornadoes, Earthquakes and Volcanoes. they loved it. Elizabeth has been learning about Weather in school so she was in hog heaven. We hardly got through half the museum, it's huge. I forgot my camera for that outing, but here are some pictures from the rest of the day.

3 comments:

GMaw said...

Enjoyed the Birthday Celebration. Love the P.Js.

Jim Gant said...

Give me a call the next time you head in the direction of Fernbank. That is the neighborhood I grew up in and I would be happy to give you directions to Grandma Ward's old house; Grandma Leta's old house, Fernbank Science Center, etc.

Happy Birthday, Elizabeth. I hope you got the card from Mawmaw and me.

Love ya!

Pop!

missy said...

thanks for sharing!!!