Welcome to our crazy life....

When I grew up I had the wonderful benefit of living a bike ride away from both sets of grandparents. Not so lucky are our kids. Even for the actual ones that live in Atlanta, it's still a about an hours drive away! So, this blog will have to serve as the next best thing to riding our bikes to see the grandparents. Enjoy watching our kids learn and grow one day at a time...

Thursday, March 25, 2010

8 things for Thursday

1. we are still fighting the sickness. Joshua still has a low fever, 100.5 currently. He's eating, not a lot but enough, and he is still hydrated enough to keep us out of the doctor's office. So far David and Elizabeth are the only ones who haven't gotten it. David is fighting it today, trying to not to feel bad. Please pray for our family to get well

2. Floors are done. They look amazing. Minus a few baseboards and shoe molding but still incredible. David made some awesome cuts around the doors this time. I was thinking wood floors make my house feel upscale, you know? Carpet is everyday, apartment like, but wood floors, now your talking, and throughout the whole house is classy. I'm so glad we did it, enough though it was started because of rubbed in pooh!

3. The weather has been great the past few days. The kids are loving playing outside. We have 2 new sets of neighbors with kids,oldest one is Madie's age, but it has been great getting to know them and hang out in the cul-de-sac again.

4. I have decided God made the moon for mothers. Last night as I was pacing the house with Joshua trying to comfort him and get him to go to sleep, I could see. There was an almost full moon (Could have been full but I didn't have my glasses on to see it correctly!) it gave the perfect glow for me to glide through the house missing the walker, laundry basket and toys on the floor but not keep Joshua awake by being too bright. Thanks God.

5. We have almost completed out school for the year. Caleb can read and will be going into 1st grade, amazing huh? Elizabeth is finishing 5th grade, that's just crazy! We finished our History book and Caleb asked when we were getting the next book. (We do the Story of the World series. Its great, I have it on cd read by Jim Weiss, a story teller. They have activity sheets, coloring pages, maps, etc.) I told him we would have to wait because it is expensive. Caleb replied, "Big sissy and I could buy it. Could we order it now?" That's right, my kids were begging to do more school work!

6. I'm feeling old now, 29 has gotten to me. My joints hurt a bunch lately but I realized it is because I am still nursing and not getting enough nutrients. So I'm going to start taking a calcium supplement and see if that helps. I'm tired of 29 hurting my body.

7. Speaking of the Story of the world, one of the activities was to grow sugar crystals on a jar on a string. I so did it wrong. The whole glass turned into a crystal mess, and now I can't get it out. Ruined 3 drinking glasses, 3 pencils and my chance of getting that mommy of the year award.

8. That's all I can think of for now, I'm going to finish my coffee so hopefully I can stay awake today and go check on Joshua

oh and one extra, we still love watching Curious George, the kids are watching as I type.

3 comments:

mawmaw said...

I hope everone feels better soon,we miss you. My eye is better but I still cannot see that well and I am still on restriction from exercise and lifting and things like that. I would love to help Caleb and Elizabeth buy their book if I could. Enjoy the pretty days outside.

missy said...

love the sugar crystals...sounds like something I would have done

Katherine said...

I finally threw them away yesterday, cup and all. Caleb retorted the reason they didn't work is because we didn't use glass jars!!! glass cups-glass jars, there's a big difference!