Welcome to our crazy life....

When I grew up I had the wonderful benefit of living a bike ride away from both sets of grandparents. Not so lucky are our kids. Even for the actual ones that live in Atlanta, it's still a about an hours drive away! So, this blog will have to serve as the next best thing to riding our bikes to see the grandparents. Enjoy watching our kids learn and grow one day at a time...

Thursday, December 4, 2008

sorry..

So I got a new camera, and I have some great pictures to post, but I don't know how to load them onto my computer yet!!! So as soon as David shows me how I will have lots to post and share.

For now here's what's been going on...

Thanksgiving was great! Visiting family in Memphis was fun. The kids really enjoyed it and were really good on both the drive down and back. Black Friday was an all-time high for David and I.....He was first in line at Target! Monday....after returning on Sunday...I washed 10 loads of clothes. Only downside of traveling. Sadly, I had already washed a few loads while we were gone! I am trying to get use to teaching again. I must confess I am really looking forward to the Christmas break. Teaching 4 nights a week is tough. The kids are back at school, Caleb is reading "at" words....fat, cat and the like. He is super excited about that. Elizabeth just has a few subjects to finish up before we can break from school till January. Right now she is reading "the BFG" and loving it.

Today we made the first batch of fudge and pumpkin cookies for this holiday season. We also decorated the house. Elizabeth's new phrase is "It's like we've moved into a new house" With all the updates we have done since we moved in, she's convinced it's a new house! Saturday we plan on going to Worthingtons and cutting down our Christmas tree. I'll have lots of pictures from that I'm sure....

I also tried to take the kids holiday pictures today...tried being the key word....

3 comments:

GMaw said...

Keep on trying, you'll get there.

I got the Amazon.com gifts I ordered. Thanks for the help with the gift suggestion. It makes Christmas shopping easy.

Love always,
GMaw

Kaitlyn and Daniel said...

The BFG is such a great book! Can't wait to see some pictures. :)

mhandwerker said...

Katherine reading your blog makes me tired!!! I dont know how you do all the things you do.