Welcome to our crazy life....

When I grew up I had the wonderful benefit of living a bike ride away from both sets of grandparents. Not so lucky are our kids. Even for the actual ones that live in Atlanta, it's still a about an hours drive away! So, this blog will have to serve as the next best thing to riding our bikes to see the grandparents. Enjoy watching our kids learn and grow one day at a time...

Thursday, October 7, 2010

My morning companions

Day 3 with Bernard here at our house begins with both of my youngest kids up and at 'em early. This is the view I have from my chair, Bernard snuggling at my feet while joshua drinks his bottle. We haven't quite figured out our new routine with a dog in the mix but we will. So far its been pretty easy. Bernard seems to be very comfortable with us. Tuesday night I came home to him resting in his spot between the chair and the tv, David said he had been chilling there most of the evening. I think the kids wear him out! Playing in the backyard he's not quite sure about. Yesterday he just watched them play. Oh, and he discovered pinecones, he loves tearing them to pieces. He tried to bring on into the house this morning. We went back and forth about it. He would bring it in, I would say no, he would go back out, drop it, then grab it really quick and try to come back in. I knew how to fix that one, I closed the door and he lasted like 2 seconds, dropped the pinecone and promptly came in. Reminds me of the parenting tactic of pretending to leaving the kids in the store so they will come running to go home with you!

Today we go to the vet, I have a ton of questions for them. And Sunday he starts puppy training class. Should be fun. And I bought him some training treats and food at the store. Realized I will need to pay attention to all those dog food coupons in the paper now. I also resisted the urge to buy him a toy. Really only because we were at Wal-mart and I figure toys at Petsmart will be better!
Sent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerry

No comments: