Welcome to our crazy life....

When I grew up I had the wonderful benefit of living a bike ride away from both sets of grandparents. Not so lucky are our kids. Even for the actual ones that live in Atlanta, it's still a about an hours drive away! So, this blog will have to serve as the next best thing to riding our bikes to see the grandparents. Enjoy watching our kids learn and grow one day at a time...

Sunday, October 3, 2010

A good weekend

I just wanted to share with everyone my shopping adventure this weekend.

Its my last weekend off till Thanksgiving so I decided to get all the winter clothes for the kids handled. Madie had a few hand me downs from Elizabeth. Joshua is 100% set because he can wear all of Caleb's old clothes since they were both born around the same time. So armed with that info and 200.00 dollars, I set out to conquer clothing our family.

Can I just say I adore the thrift store? Who ever created the idea of the thrift store was a genius. I love it because you can go to 1 location and shop at a least 6 different stores. Between the goodwill and Kohl's, I got 50 items of clothing for my money! Including-get this, 4 pairs of jeans for me (amazing I know, I actually got something for myself!)

The final note in this story is a picture in time-

I sat in the dressing room in the Junior's department waiting for Elizabeth to try on size 0 jeans and remembered being in Gap with my mom doing the same thing. Growing from the kids department to the juniors. Huge step. But all that ran through my mind was, "where did my little girl who lined up all our shoes go?"
Sent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerry

No comments: