Welcome to our crazy life....

When I grew up I had the wonderful benefit of living a bike ride away from both sets of grandparents. Not so lucky are our kids. Even for the actual ones that live in Atlanta, it's still a about an hours drive away! So, this blog will have to serve as the next best thing to riding our bikes to see the grandparents. Enjoy watching our kids learn and grow one day at a time...

Tuesday, August 17, 2010

New Living Room

So Sunday we went to Ikea to shop, not for us but for another one of our many projects we are working on. Upon passing through the living room furniture section I saw a sign for a chair cover for 9.99. In brown, the color I want. I checked out the couch cover section and found the match cover for the 3 seat sofa for 29.99. these guys are normally 79.00 and 149.00



Needless to say, we bought them. Figured might as well get the covers while they are on sale since eventually we wanted to get the Ikea couch


Well, we decided to go ahead and take the plunge and buy the couch and chair frame as well! The couch frame weighed 150 pounds and can fit on the top of our van! The two boxes they came in were an instant hit with the kids....I will try to get pictures of that later.



Oh, and yes, we basically redid the living room. New brown drapes and new rug compliment the new couch and chair nicely. All entire cover for the couch and chair can be dry cleaned. And I went back yesterday and bought a spare set. So I am completely prepared for our 4 crazy kids and I finally will have a couch and chair that 1. match and 2. do not have a slipcover that always looks completely disheveled upon it. Hooray!

2 comments:

GMaw said...

Looks great - you are a great shopper.

Katherine said...

thanks GG,I'm very pleased with it!