Welcome to our crazy life....

When I grew up I had the wonderful benefit of living a bike ride away from both sets of grandparents. Not so lucky are our kids. Even for the actual ones that live in Atlanta, it's still a about an hours drive away! So, this blog will have to serve as the next best thing to riding our bikes to see the grandparents. Enjoy watching our kids learn and grow one day at a time...

Thursday, August 12, 2010

monologue

(riding in car)

Elizabeth: Mom, I just saw that punch buggy, you know the g...g...something one!

Me: G something?

Elizabeth: yeah, you know, it's that g word, we've talked about them before.

Me: You mean Ghetto?

Elizabeth: umm, no....

Me: Elizabeth you remember where Daddy said the word ghetto came from right?.......

Me: it's from the book you are reading too.....

Elizabeth: (nodding)

Me: It's kind of like in Fiddler on the Roof.....

Me: it was horrible to think......

Me: When you say something is ghetto.......

(5 minutes later)

Me: Was that the word you were thinking about?

Elizabeth: no.

Me: oh.

(Pause)

Me: Geek squad?

Elizabeth: Yes, Geek squad!

yes, I am the granddaughter of Elkins Sr. who once lectured me about what a Medicine man was for 2 hours! Not because I asked about it, because he wanted to tell me about it.

1 comment:

GMaw said...

No comment - GMaw.