Welcome to our crazy life....

When I grew up I had the wonderful benefit of living a bike ride away from both sets of grandparents. Not so lucky are our kids. Even for the actual ones that live in Atlanta, it's still a about an hours drive away! So, this blog will have to serve as the next best thing to riding our bikes to see the grandparents. Enjoy watching our kids learn and grow one day at a time...

Monday, July 13, 2009

A walk down memory lane

So David and I took a little side trip on our way home from Birmingham on Saturday. We were there for my dear friends wedding. It was such a beautiful wedding too. It was wonderful to watch two people so much in love and dedicated to God promise their lives to each other...it brought back many memories for David and I. This August we will celebrate 7 years of marriage (and for the second time I will be about ready to pop with another child!) But we took a drive to where it all started Saturday. Back to David's apartment in Birmingham where he asked me to marry him. On the Futon couch I helped him carry in he said those wonderful words the day after Christmas 2001. And here we are almost 7 years later and I am so glad I said yes. Neither of us could hardly remember what it was like before we said I do. It took David a moment to even remember how to get to the apartment! I can only wonder and wait excitedly to see what the next 7 years will hold for us. If is anything like the past 7 years, it will be amazing. Here's a picture of the outside of his old place. Top window was his.

Sent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerry

No comments: