Welcome to our crazy life....

When I grew up I had the wonderful benefit of living a bike ride away from both sets of grandparents. Not so lucky are our kids. Even for the actual ones that live in Atlanta, it's still a about an hours drive away! So, this blog will have to serve as the next best thing to riding our bikes to see the grandparents. Enjoy watching our kids learn and grow one day at a time...

Saturday, July 18, 2009

This is how work got done this week without Elizabeth here


So first, Madie decided that playing with onions was a better idea then toys. I think she liked taking the peeling off of them. When I tried to get it from her she just ran away, I should have followed her, like any good mother would have, however, it got her out of the kitchen, aka " my office" so I was happy. Caleb found the onion a while later, laying in the hall, thankfully not eaten.


Then my ever favorite cardboard box. But not just an empty box but one filled with Styrofoam! I'm sure Madie ate a few pieces behind my back. Both Caleb and Madie where using it as the car ramp/garage/launching pad, you name it, they were having a good time. Not a quiet time by any stretch of the imagination, one can't be expected to play with cars and a box and not make all sorts of lovely car engine noises. Luckily, I was able to talk over the noise, another perk about being a mom....a loud voice and the ability to tune things out.

No comments: