Welcome to our crazy life....

When I grew up I had the wonderful benefit of living a bike ride away from both sets of grandparents. Not so lucky are our kids. Even for the actual ones that live in Atlanta, it's still a about an hours drive away! So, this blog will have to serve as the next best thing to riding our bikes to see the grandparents. Enjoy watching our kids learn and grow one day at a time...

Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Just another day

So I thought I would let you in on a little episode that happened here yesterday. Sadly, I have no pictures, I was caught too off guard to think about that.....

Madeleine has a major love of getting into things under my bathroom sink. Usually it's things that are child proof, sometimes it's cough drops so we tried to keep the bathroom door closed. I don't have child locks because #1. there are too hard to install. and #2. we are trying to move. Well, yesterday I am cleaning the kitchen and Madeleine comes around the corner with something pinkish in her mouth. I know this because it has dripped all down her shirt, and her legs and the floor as she walks. I realize as I get close to her she is holding an open bottle of berry flavored TUMS. And yes, she has 4 in her mouth. Calmly I remove all 4, take her shirt off and wipe her off. Of course she screams and acts like I'm the worst mom in the whole world. Right after I get her cleaned up, the phone rings. I answer and have a 5 minute conversation. Upon hanging up I look outside into in the backyard to see Madie, shirtless, sitting with a package of strawberries that has been left out over night,so they are completely molded now and she is eating them. Yes, it was disgusting. 5 minutes, if that, I was on the phone....let's just say we went straight into the bath after that!

And I wish it would have ended there, after we got all clean and dressed I caught her climbing on top of the dining room table trying to grab the kids full drink cups! After that I gave up doing anything but playing with Madie and Mr. Potato head in her room! On a positive note her tummy didn't hurt from the moldy strawberries because she ate the tums before!

1 comment:

Kaitlyn and Daniel said...

Smart thinking to eat those tums! Haha what a goober :)