Welcome to our crazy life....

When I grew up I had the wonderful benefit of living a bike ride away from both sets of grandparents. Not so lucky are our kids. Even for the actual ones that live in Atlanta, it's still a about an hours drive away! So, this blog will have to serve as the next best thing to riding our bikes to see the grandparents. Enjoy watching our kids learn and grow one day at a time...

Sunday, January 3, 2010

So the week begins

David is in Jackson until Friday for his annual business trip. It is my first time to be at the house with 4 kids all by myself! I am praying it goes well. So far since he left after lunch I have made 10 meals to restock the freezer, deep cleaned the kitchen, cut my coupons and failed yet again at starting a fire. The kids have played Wii, made a huge mess with the toys and Madie did not take her afternoon nap.

On positive note, I have the whole week free from teaching. So I have some projects in mind. One of which is to cover 20 file boxes with fabric to use to organize our closet. That should keep me from doing any major household improvements. (last time David went on a business trip I redid the hall bathroom) I am also expecting our new school books to arrive this week.

We made a few changes around the house as well, we have gone back to the sleeping room and the play room arrangement. Currently, all 4 children are sleeping in one room and the other room is filled with tons of toys and acts as the playroom! I'll take a picture tomorrow and try to post it. I'm quite proud of David and I's ingenuity.

David and I are also reading thru the entire bible, beginning to end in 90 days. We should be finished by March 31st. I've never made it all the way through so I am super exited to share this first with my Husband. After being married for 7 years there aren't many "firsts" anymore.

And last but not least and pretty much the best "first" for us, David and I are entering 2010 DEBT FREE! We wrote our last check to pay of the van and now all we have is our house note. It's truly amazing. I haven't been without a car payment since Elizabeth was 1. Both of us are excited to see what it feels like to live debt free. Thanks Dave Ramsey!

If you think of it this week, say a little prayer for our household! Let the mommy and 4 kids adventure week begin!!!

2 comments:

missy said...

debt free wow!!! you and david make a great team. I am so proud of you both.

GMaw said...

Great to hear you & David are Debt Free. Good Work. My computer has been out for the past 2 days. Chris Brandt fixed. I got it back last night.